ASPRA*tion Awards Program
Each year, the Arizona School Public Relations Association (ASPRA) recognizes standards of excellence in school public relations through its ASPRA*tion Awards. Winning entries will demonstrate how sound public relations principles (research, analysis, communication and evaluation), creativity and a commitment to improving communications were used in pursuit of organizational goals.
- The submission window opens Sept. 12, 2022. The deadline for submissions is Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022.
- If you need assistance submitting an award nomination, please watch this video (a tremendous thank you to Stephanie Ingersoll for her assistance with this video!)
- Each ASPRA*tion Award nomination should be submitted online.
- The 2023 ASPRA*tion Award Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 1 at Arizona Broadway Theatre. Winners will be notified by email in late December. Medallion Awards and Awards of Excellence will receive a plaque, and Awards of Merit will receive a certificate suitable for framing. Additional certificates and plaques may be ordered through ASPRA at a later date.
- Winners will be notified by email. Medallion Awards and Awards of Excellence will receive a plaque, and Awards of Merit will receive a certificate suitable for framing. Additional certificates and plaques may be ordered through ASPRA.
ASPRA members in good standing are eligible to submit entries. Entries submitted on behalf of non-member organizations are subject to the non-member fee.
All winners will be notified in advance. Awards may not be presented in all categories based on the quality of entries submitted. The decision of the judges is final. Please do not call ASPRA regarding the results.
Activities and projects must have been underway or completed between August 2021 and November 2022. Entries will be accepted now through 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10.
- Details on all of the award categories are available here.
Entry Fees – Per Entry
Purchase orders and checks should be made payable to: ASPRA, P.O. Box 68081, Phoenix, AZ 85082-8081.
- Copper Medallion Award | $50 member/$75 non-member
- Publications and Electronic Media Award | $30 member/$50 non-member
- Governing Board for Contributions to Education Award | $40 member/$60 non-member
- Superintendent for Contributions to Education Award | $40 member/$60 non-member
- Advocacy & Political Contributions to Education Award | $40 member/$60 non-member
- News Media for Excellence in Education Reporting Award | $40 member/$60 non-member
- Individual, Business, Foundation or Civic/Community Organization for Contributions to Education Award | $40 member/$60 non-member
Individuals may submit multiple entries but may not submit the same entry in more than one award category.
Inappropriately labeled entries will be placed in the appropriate awards program or program category by the awards coordinator. If a limited number of entries are submitted in any one category, ASPRA reserves the right to combine or eliminate categories.
Professionals in communications and another state public relations chapter outside of Arizona will serve as judges for most categories, and the ASPRA Executive Board will judge the remaining categories. Criteria are based on industry standards and professional judgment.
If you have questions about the ASPRA*tion Awards please contact President-Elect Erin Dunsey at EDunsey@pusd11.net.