Each year, the Arizona School Public Relations Association (ASPRA) recognizes standards of excellence in school public relations through its ASPRA*tions Awards. Winning entries will demonstrate how sound public relations principles (research, analysis, communication and evaluation), creativity and a commitment to improving communications were used in pursuit of organizational goals.
ASPRA members in good standing are eligible to submit entries. Entries submitted on behalf of non-member organizations are subject to the non-member fee.
Another state chapter will judge the ASPRA*tions Awards entries. Awards will be presented at ASPRA’s annual Superintendents’ Luncheon. All winners will be notified in advance. Awards may not be presented in all categories based on the quality of entries submitted. The decision of the judges is final. Please do not call ASPRA regarding the results.
Activities and projects must have been underway or completed between August 1 and July 31 of each year.
Entry Fees – Per Entry
Purchase orders and checks should be made payable to: ASPRA, P.O. Box 68081, Phoenix, AZ 85082-8081.
- Copper Medallion Award $40 member/$50 non-member
- Publications and Electronic Media Award $25 member/$35 non-member
- School Governing Board for Contributions to Education Award $25 member/$35 non-member
- Superintendent for Contributions to Education Award $25 member/$35 non-member
- Advocacy and Political Contributions to Education Award $25 member/$35 non-member
- News Media for Excellence in Education Reporting Award $25 member/$35 non-member
- Individual, Business, Foundation or Civic/Community Organization for Contributions to Education Award $25 member/$35 non-member
Professionals in communications and public relations outside of Arizona will serve as judges for most categories, and the ASPRA Executive Board will judge the remaining categories. Criteria are based on industry standards and professional judgment.
Deadline and Payment for Entries
Entries must be submitted by Friday, July 12, 2019.
Make checks payable to ASPRA and send with entries to: ASPRA, P.O. Box 68081, Phoenix, AZ 85082-8081
Electronic Nomination Procedures
Submit electronic entries on the ASPRA website, azspra.org.
Number of Entries
Individuals may submit multiple entries but may not submit the same entry in more than one award category.
Inappropriately labeled entries will be placed in the appropriate awards program or program category by the awards coordinator. If a limited number of entries are submitted in any one category, ASPRA reserves the right to combine or eliminate categories.
Winners will be notified by email in September.
Medallion Awards and Awards of Excellence will receive a plaque, and Awards of Merit will receive a certificate suitable for framing. Additional certificates and plaques may be ordered through ASPRA.