Thank you for attending the 2021 ASPRA Summer Conference!
Below you will find links to recordings of many of the day's sessions organized according to the conference agenda.
Wednesday, June 9
5:30 -6:30 p.m.: ASPRA Trivia Night Sponsored by Blackboard
Winner: Zach Fountain
Thursday, June 10
8 a.m. - 8:20 a.m. - Pre-conference activity:
Optional yoga stretch - A gentle and relaxing start to the day.
8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. - ASPRA Welcome
- President’s Welcome, Richard Franco
- Message from our Presenting Sponsor Blackboard
9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Keynote: A Complaint-Free World
Will Bowen, Humorous Motivational Speaker
Morning Choice Sessions
10:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Continuing the Conversation of the Keynote - Discussion led by Zach Fountain
- Digital Storytelling - Derek Duncan, APR, Digital Communications Coordinator, Parkway Schools, Chesterfield, MO
- The Sun Still Rises Tomorrow: Taking the Guilt-Free Summer Vacation You Deserve - Mark Mohammadpour, APR, Founder and Owner, Chasing the Sun Health Coaching
- What Everyone Gets Wrong About Creating Advocates - Clare Dietz, Senior Marketing Consultant, Apptegy
Marketplace Learning Sessions with Sponsors
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Increase Community Engagement, Enrollment, and Hiring - Brian Epperson, CEO, Target River
- Cracking Your Toughest Cookies: How to Turn Parents into Brand Evangelists - Josh Sauer, Educational Sales Consultant, Finalsite
- Starting from Scratch: Social Media Newbie to Old Pro - Matthew Glick, Founder/CEO, Gipper
- Stealing Marketing Ideas from the Private Sector - Mark Lienhart, Director of Sales, Apptegy
- Teacher to Home Communications: Now Is the Time for a District-Approved Tool. Chris Prince, Blackboard
Afternoon Choice Sessions
1:45 p.m. - 2:45p.m.
- Be a Leader Worth Following - Joe Ferdani, APR, Chief Communications Officer, Adams 12 Five Star Schools, Thornton, CO.
- Using Instagram to Communicate with Students - Tyler Hill, Communications Coordinator, Arlington Community Schools, Arlington, TN
- Why "Take care of yourself!" doesn't work, and what to do instead - Timothy (Tim) Grivois, Executive Director, TGS Educational Consulting, Tucson, AZ
- Masters and APR Panel Moderated by Stephanie Ingersoll
- Lesley Bruinton, APR, NSPRA President, Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tuscaloosa, AL. Master’s degree in strategic communications.
- Michelle Reese, APR
- Kirsten Fitterer, Chief Communications Officer, Yakima School District, Yakima, WA. Master’s degree in Educational Leadership
3 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Keynote: Keys to Amplifying Your System's Story
Lesley Bruinton, APR, NSPRA President
3:45 p.m.- 4:30 p.m. Looking Forward & Closing
- ASPRA Board Report
- Thank You!
Thank you to our sponsors
Blackboard is a leading EdTech company, serving higher education, K-12, business and government clients around the world. We connect a deep understanding of education with the power of technology to continuously push the boundaries of learning. Our mission is to advance learning together with the world's education community, so that all learners, educators and institutions can realize their goals today and prepare for tomorrow.
Apptegy builds products that empower school leaders to run better schools. We make it easy for administrators and educators to reach parents, students, staff, and your community at large. With our tools you can communicate better and change how the public thinks and feels about your schools.
Districts choose Finalsite for our award-winning, ADA-compliant designs, robust communications software, integrated mobile app, simple website content management tools, and secure hosting. With scalable solutions to meet every district’s unique needs, 24-7 support, in-house accessibility specialists and tactical website deployments, Finalsite is equipped to help districts of all sizes launch and maintain websites that improve school-to-home communications, recruit faculty, and engage key stakeholders. Finalsite is headquartered in Glastonbury, CT, and serves more than 5,000 districts and schools in 84 countries, maintaining a 95% retention rate year over year. For more information, please visit www.finalsite.com
CLICK HERE for more information about Finalsite.
Target River is a target marketing company that works with public school districts to help them in the areas of community engagement, student retention, student enrollment, employee acquisition, and more. We were recently named the Best Education Marketing Company in the United States. To learn more, visit www.targetriver.com
CLICK HERE for more information about Target River's services.
Gipper: the leading content creation platform in the K-12 industry, enabling schools to create professional content for social media - in seconds, on any device, and without needing any design experience. Serving school communications professionals, athletic administrators, principals, and more - Gipper empowers anyone at a school to create effective, branded, and compelling content for social media in just a few clicks.
CLICK HERE for a flyer with an ASPRA discount code.